Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSTAR 1100 bobber build
I this is my first time taking on a project like this so dont beat me up too bad.
I started with a stock VSTAR 1100 that i picked up for $1500 with 8,000 miles on it. I rode it for about a month until it got cold and started ripping it apart in november 2015.

after 7 months i finally got it together...just to strip it down for bodywork and paint.

For paint i did a rattle can job with dark metallic silver duplicolor on the tank and metallic black on the rear fender. Then cleared it with Spraymax 2k clear. (06MAY16)

This is where it currently sits, ill be finishing the wet sanding and polishing this week then start reassembly. Updates to follow.
Pretty sweet! Welcome! Keep the posts coming!!!
Nice....
What Tank are you useing their? King Sporty or is it a Magna Tank? (Tho I think Magna Tanks are wider?.... But then again we don't get them down here.. Or rarely do)

Dan
It's an original King sporty I picked up at a swap meet. I moved the gas cap forward, cut out the tunnel and welded in a flat bottom and moved the petcock bung to the left corner. I also welded in two bungs on the right side for a fuel sight gauge.
-update-
tank and fender painted, exhaust painted and wrapped.

Nice bob...!
Did you weld on your own mounts for the new rear fender struts...?
Thanks..

I did. I made them out of flat stock. Same for the fender mount, seat spring mounts and headlight/signals mount.
Thanks..

I did. I made them out of flat stock. Same for the fender mount, seat spring mounts and headlight/signals mount.
[/quote]
Awesome... I been thinking about doing it for afender i have, but Just lack the confidence... Lol. Looks good...!
Just go for it! I got my fender strut kit from bungking.com they supply everything you will need. i just made the lower mounts then had to chop the radius bar to length and weld it all up.
-update-
almost done!
waiting on carb gaskets then I should be good to go.