Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VN800 Build
thats awesome man!
Hey Jmilay, I might have my hands on almost the same Bike 95 Kawai Vulcan 800. If i do i will make a build thread for it also.
How hard was putting the Sportster tank on it ? Do you know what size yours is. I was thinking a king sportster tank
Hey garmck. It's actually easier then you think. Lot's of post out there of how to do it but you can always ask here and either I or someone will help you out! I suggest ripping out all the EPA crap out. Make sure you have a vented cap too. You'll just need the fuel line to the carb. Vacuum line gets capped and the the vent stays open. The trickiest part of the whole deal was the thermostat. Lot's of guys are running without one. I decided to keep mine. Just flipped the housing upside down so I can easily reroute the hoses. I'm sure pics will help, so if you need clarification with a pic, just let me know!
Thanks Jmilay
Doesn't sound to bad, Once or if i get the bike in the shop. I am sure i will bug you for more information, It is not going to be my bike so i will have to run all this through my friend.
And see what he wants done with it.
What's going to make this build great for me Jmilay is that I know you can improvise and MacGyver so many things without having to buy parts.  Change the bars, take off the fenders and wrap them pipes is an automatic first.  The rest will come slowly.  Thanks @jmilay
2005 Vulcan 800a
BobberLife Orlando, FL
We'll get your ride looking good @jam36a. I'm pretty sure parts will be bought but we'll discuss parts/budget. Regardless, it'll be a fun build.
Indeed @jmilay. Current looking to fill checkout basket with: a solo seat & drag bars. Undecided on front and rear turn signal lights as well as plate relocater.
2005 Vulcan 800a
BobberLife Orlando, FL
[Image: XZeElfF.jpg]
And she's almost done!!!!
2005 Vulcan 800a
BobberLife Orlando, FL
to fit the sportster tank was there any mods you had to do to make it work. i know on the shadow vlx its like a double back bone i think its called. so the tank has to be custom to fit. so does the vulcan 800 have a single tube back bone. im really considering just building a vulcan now. 1. for the power. 2. the looks of it bobbed out are bad ass. 3. stock you can find them really cheap. i have someone lined up to buy a bike and i think a vulcan 800 would better be suited for him. hes a tall and a bigger guy. i feel like the shadow 600 might be a lil to underpowerd for him.