Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
79 CB650 W.I.P
My CB650 work in progress! My build thread has all the details and theres still lots of changes to be made. Also my first bike and first time building....actually first time doing anything mechanical or fabricating  . . . so be gentle lol

[Image: image_zpsooaf8lu8.jpg]
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Still lots to do but made some changes . . .

[Image: IMG_6939_zps8vbxnsu5.jpg]
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Lovin' the changes!
Thanks a lot. Still a long way to go but its getting there bit by bit.
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
DONE! . . . ish Wink

Well had the day off work today so managed to get the last of the wiring done which means I have reached a point I can say the bike is "done" for now. I have a bunch of stuff I want to do still but in the sense that I can go out riding and everything works and looks mostly as I want. . . Its done lol.
Just some pics to share with all of you, basically a 360 walk around of the bike. Feed back is appreciated. Thanks for checking out the build!

[Image: IMG_7161_zpsy1vhhdc1.jpg]
Just a shot of me at 6am when I realized I was up but didn't have work…so I re-wired the tail end...

The Bike!
[Image: IMG_7164_zps0v95yvxb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7163_zpsdvc9e0oo.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7170_zpsdcjxjtli.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7169_zps2ty4cbm0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7168_zpsljkeayea.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7167_zpszdzq3xu3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7166_zpskehfjswf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7165_zpslwn5xxjs.jpg]
The Bike!

I will try and get the video walk around etc posted soon as well as try and get some video out riding. Again thanks for checking out the build and feedback is always appreciated, just remember to be nice as I have said before this is my first bike, first build, and actually first time taking on anything mechanical as a project.
See ya on the road!!
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Looking sweet! Love it!
I dig it alot. I think you did great on the weld on strut, seat fender. At a glance it all looks great. My eye however keeps going straight to the gap in the tank. I know the back bones make it hard. Id suggest figuring out a single back bone.
Otherewise ride the piss out of it and give no fucks, you built a rad bike
totally agree. left it like that as i plan on making a "dashboard" that houses my ignition,start and kill switch. but maybe i should change it for now lol.
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
I think you should rip it all apart, get a single backbone on that thing, stretch it to get that tank sitting nice...but make sure you take lots of pics and post them to the site! Hehehehe! Just teasin' brother! Killer build! Love it! Is the trucker lady paint or a sticker?
(08-05-2015, 07:35 PM)jmilay Wrote: I think you should rip it all apart, get a single backbone on that thing, stretch it  to get that tank sitting nice...but make sure you take lots of pics and post them to the site!  Hehehehe!  Just  teasin' brother!  Killer build!  Love it!  Is the trucker lady paint or a sticker?

Trucker girl is a negative. Sanded tank down to bare metal first, clear coated the whole thing. Then made a stencil of the girl and stuck it on, painted the rest of the tank the black and then removed the stencil after it was dry.

And the frame may still get another chop and stretch session yet. Still considering the pre fab unit that Voodoo Vintage makes which would give it the single backbone and I believe 3 inches of stretch.

BUT

I also want to just ride it as is for a bit and then move on to a larger V twin bike and see what I can do with what I consider a better looking platform for chopper/bobbers. Only time will tell….and my bank account lol

Just a quick start up vid and a walk around while she warms up before I gave her a quick 2 minute test ride . . . then it rained . . . and has been raining since lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpcjov7...e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAvPvXcH...e=youtu.be
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750