Poll: Should we add an HD section?
Yes.
Hell Yes!
No.
Hell No!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we add a Harley Davidson Section?
Harley's make sick bobbers but it's NOT metric.  Should we add a section for HD's?
Personally I don't think so. The site is called METRICbobbeer after all. Don't get me wrongI like Harley but wouldn't go looking fot them on a site called metricbbber.com
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
That's a great point Juan. Thanks!
I second that. ^
Ill say this, on chopcult the jap section is almost embarassing. So many hopes and dreams with no real plan or skills. The HD section is a bit of the same but there is some real knowledgable guys there. The info you find can really help. Same with jockey journal. Id hope for this forum to be welcoming to everyone but pride itself on skill and ability. Its up to us to send it in that direction. Putting an hd section would and could draw a whole bunch of unwanted critism and retards to the boards. I say hell no being that this is metric based. hd can go in the off topic catagory lol.
Good points Mr.Mandoozle. We actually reached out to quite a few forums before building this in hopes of getting advice or some sort of mentoring from them. A lot of them ignored our emails and a couple of them responded with hate for our idea. They feared competition. We aren't trying to build "competition" but only trying to build a larger community that would offer help to each other. I know that when it comes to building anything custom, a lot of one off parts or ideas need to be made but it never hurts to ask. Someone has "been there and done that". We just want to offer a platform for new builders to be able to ask the questions and for experienced builders to pass on some of their knowledge! I agree an HD section would probably do more harm than good but as a community, We didn't want to make them feel "unwelcome". For example helping with CV carbs. CV carbs can be found on Metrics to domestics. Cross knowledge can be helpful!
Anyways, just our thoughts!
its awesome to see this place. I actually have a forum that my dickhead friend never got running right but had no isssue taking my money. It was to be all private, but builder specific. Everyone that builds has parts that could help for mock ups, break downs etc. its now just turned into a huge group message.
Im not surprised about the hate or lack of response. Seems to be the norm on the internet.

I may be missing it, but to me you have too many individual threads. Is there a main feed page that has all new posts? No one may be talking honda, but maybe kawasaki. For me, either having to check less threads or a main feed page would be awesome and help bring the forum as a hole together. Less people, better community. That way if and when the forum grows you have a solid foundation.
Good idea having a main feed page that just shows all the posts as they come in. We can use the existing threads to search model specific threads etc if we'd like.
Especially in the early days here as there is not a heavy flow of posts yet and I assume most of us are looking at everything anyway.
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Trying to work in the section...not sure if I've got exactly what you guys were asking for....but at the top of the page, I put in a section that shows ~15 recent posts regardless of what thread it's from. Still working it out but tell me what you guys think please! Thank you!
this works great! should you see more traffic it will still be effctive way to keep memebers talking.
Cheers