Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets increase site traffic!!
Thumbs Up 
Everyone brainstorm ideas to increase traffic to the site so we can help this community grow! Post you ideas everyone.
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Just an idea but I noticed more traffic on the Instagram page, so maybe run a contest through there?? Except instead of having people submit photos as normal to the email address make a category on here called InstagramContest or something and then all entries have to be submitted by posting your build on that thread with some hashtag (#MBContest or something) and then have it be a most likes on Instagram wins a feature on the forum. Front page for everyone to see, a story about the winner and their bike etc....
That way people have to come here and sign up to enter . . . plus they will have to promote the page and contest in order to get likes to win. That way both platforms are getting more traffic.
Like I said, just an idea Smile Anyone else??
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
I like that idea. We'll see if we can come up with detailed logistics for this. I may PM you for your help!
PM any time man. Forums are relatively new to me but lots of work in promotions over the years.
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
i just think with site traffic it just all takes time. once you get sponsors on here it will bring traffic as well. when i post my bike on different sites ill put this site in my signature to help out. you should look into maybe doing some free sponsorship. like have shops be able to post in their own section on here for lets say a few months. so members can ask questions directly too the shop, etc. there are 2 builders here in houston that are great. houston retro bobbers and tail end customs. they do alot of work on metric bikes as well as other bikes. just a few ideas.
You are correct traffic will come over time kind of goes back to the  old Rome wasn't built in a day thing.  This place is what 2 months old? 

I do think some kind of contest on Instagram would help. I have been suprised how big of a following the automotive and motorcycle community has on IG. It has been a great resource for me on all of my motorcycle builds and my '65 Chevrolet C-10 shop truck project. I found this place off messing around on IG so it's getting the word out there so far.
We have been considering a contest. Wouldn't mind giving away free advertisement either. We added a forum for vendors to post sale items or what not. We know it doesn't happen overnight so we're just letting it catch on as it does for now. Future plans are IG contest, Cheap Merchandise, Sponsorship ads/free advertising and we are working on a shop feature (Q&A type). So far we're enjoying the response and the solid posts people are putting up. So far mostly everyone has been awesome and supportive.

If you're a vendor/shop, feel free to contact us. We would love to work out some kind of deal!

Thank you!
I like the quality over quantity mindset you have to date.

I'd be in for some merch when it comes sround. My buddy is having a charity bike show a month from now in OKC I'm wondering if there is way we could get the word out at his show. There is going to be a lot home homemade bobbers and choppers there
We would love to work something out to get the word out at this charity event. We'll see if we can come up with giveaways by then. Not sure if we can that soon but it may be a good route for us to invest in for future events!
(08-31-2015, 04:29 PM)jmilay Wrote: We would love to work something out to get the word out at this charity event.  We'll see if we can come up with giveaways by then. Not sure if we can that soon but it may be  a good route for us to invest in for future events!

Maybe just a sticker pack of like 5 stickers. It would sit on the table during the event for everyone to see than afterwards who knows who would see it.