Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1982 XS650 (Beulah Ball Breaker)
So I picked up this frame up last March sight unseen with a complete parts bike and spare motor and mag wheels and some misc. The frame had title and got it all for $650 had a family member pick it up and trailer it back to CO when they came to visit. And then it all started xs fever took over and am now building three at the moment and built one last summer and sold that to fund the rest. Slowly this one is taking shape. Here are a some pictures form beginning to now, its still not done (taking my time, work full time, school full time, a 5 month old and 3 year old and a wife doesn't leave much time for bikes).

This is the frame when I got it, hard tail was a hack job so took all that off and and cleaned some stuff up

Decided on the Voodoo Vintage MK21 hard tail I think they look great and like that they don't really require jig to set up straight.

The black motor in the original picture is now in a cafe I'm building. I wanted an aluminum finish motor and am planing on painting the jugs and heads black kind of like the old Triumphs. I found this one locally, it needs a top end but came with carbs for $140, not bad. It also fits cozy in the front seat of a Subaru.

The tank is the Lowbrow P-Nut tank and looks sweet, at least I think it does... I drew up this design for it. A blend of the old Yamaha racing stripes and tuning fork logo.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures but the green is all lime flake and the black has a dusting of the flake and green pearl over it, it looks sick in the sun light!

Some soda blasting and a new charging system

So this is how she sits now. Still need to get my spare set of engine covers all polished up when I have time, and at somepoint relace the back wheel, but shes sitting pretty till then and running great all 706cc of her

1982 XS650 Hardtail, 706cc of awesome.
Our Motorcycle Wiring Kits & Fuse Blocks Available @

WWW.BCPGARAGE.COM 
Instagram: bluecollarpirate 
Awesome build post! Would love to see your other builds as well! Definitely would love to see that paint in person!
I'll post up the one before this one but it's a cafe not a bobber still pretty sweet though. If your ever in Colorado hit me up.

WWW.BCPGARAGE.COM 
bad ass build. for along time a yamaha xs was my favorite bobber style bike. i like how it looks alot. its clean not to much with it. i would ride the shit out that bike. hahaha
I like this a lot great paint work
hell yeah, nice work. love the yamaha logo
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It'll look even better once I polish up the engine covers this winter. I love this thing, it's no long haul bike but I love riding it around.

WWW.BCPGARAGE.COM 
Took this one last week on my way home from the Distinguished Gentlemans ride here in Denver
[url=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/gregoryingram/media/1982%20XS650/20150927_160518_zpsy7wkdjvh.jpg.html][/url]

WWW.BCPGARAGE.COM 
Such a good looking bike!
Thumbs Up 
This bike is awesome! I love your choice in tank and the paint is amazing glad you incorporated the yamaha forks that's just awesome.
[size=medium][b][size=large].          Email: metricfab@gmail.com    Instagram:  @metricfab         .[/size][/b][/size]